Position: Full Stack PHP Developer, In House
We are looking for an intermediate level developer with strong understanding PHP (minimum 5 years) with a focus on Laravel.
Ability to work on vibrant and exciting projects, mainly enterprise solutions & custom web applications, hybrid app solutions and custom software in C. Working alongside experienced front-end and back-end developers as well as our designers and project managers, your ability to quickly learn and adapt to our current environment and help lead a small team of developers is key to your success in this role . We offer a stimulative and flexible work environment, working with a fun team who knows how to work hard and have fun at the same time.
- Develop, record and maintain cutting edge web-based PHP websites, web based solutions, hybrid apps in React Native,
- Prepare and maintain all applications utilizing standard development tools, familiarity with Git,
- Utilize backend data services and contribute to increase existing data services APIs,
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle & suggest and spearhead improvements,
- Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues.
- 5+ yrs writing and understanding object-oriented PHP, MySQL,
- 5+ yrs experience with Laravel 5 PHP Framework,
- Experience with SQL schema design,
- 2+ yrs experience with React Native, Cordova, Ionic and Node JS (not mandatory but a bonus),
- Ability to learn quickly and operate in a fast-pace environment.
- Open minded to new solutions, forward thinking and strong ability to adapt,
- Git version control workflows,
- Proficiency in design patterns,
- SOLID principles,
- REST API design,
- Experience with other PHP frameworks an asset,
- Software testing & Debugging,
- MySQL profiling and query optimization,
- Ability to lead and manage a small team of developers.
Please apply with a cover letter, resume and live URLs of previous work.
Only candidates who meet our selection criteria will be contacted for an interview.This position requires a 2 month probation period to determine/confirm suitability.
NB: Candidates must live in Toronto, legally eligible to work in Canada and be able to work in our office near the Junction Triangle, telecommuting is not an option.
We will NOT consider applications from developers who do not live in Toronto.
We are not interested in outsourcing for this role.