Evolution in DesignZ
We’re a Toronto based development agency specializing in custom programmed solutions, open source web based systems and app development. The team at Evolution in DesignZ consists of software designers, software programmers and project managers from around the world, bringing over 70 years of experience in our industry. We work with local entrepreneurs, small businesses around the world, recognized real estate brokerages in Toronto, nonprofit organizations, restaurants and multi national corporations.
Who we’re looking for:
A born problem solver; your strong understanding web development life cycle and methodologies will guide you, as you work with a team of developers to implement intricate solutions and troubleshoot/debug problems. The ideal candidate is someone who has a strong command of the technologies in this space, passionate about technology and demonstrated the ability to drive complex initiatives.
– Take ownership of the implementation plan
– Deliver product features as per release schedule and quality expectations.
– Be an individual contributor (very hands on) as well as help coordinate implementation of solutions with the development team
– Enhance efficiency of dev/test/release process
– develop tools, frameworks as required.
– Participate in the full life-cycle development process from product definition, through design, development, test, release and maintenance.
– Must have STRONG working knowledge and 2+ years technical experience developing web projects
– Must have experience working with a variety of Content Management Systems and PHP Frameworks such as CodeIgniter, Opencart, Magento, WordPress, Joomla, etc.
– Have good experience in OOP, material design, Bootstrap, Ionic, jQuery, JSON, web based or native app development- Have advanced experience with databases (MSSQL & MySQL)
– Willing to learn and adapt new technologies
– Experience with various mobile and tablet platforms (iPad/iPhone, Blackberry, Android, etc)
– Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
– Self-evident adaptability, a QUICK learner, tolerance for stress and ability to work to tight deadlines under minimal supervision
– Proven ability to proactively identify, analyze, recommend and/or implement solutions for problems
– Must exhibit a willingness to learn constantly and absorb new technical information
Please apply with a cover letter, resume and live URLs of previous work.
Only candidates who meet our selection criteria will be contacted for an interview.
This position requires a 2 month probation period to determine/confirm suitability.
Candidates must live in Toronto, legally eligible to work in Canada and be able to work in our office near the Junction Triangle, telecommuting is not an option.
We will NOT consider applications from developers who do not live in Toronto.
We are not interested in outsourcing for this role.